The Transition Accelerator (the Accelerator) is a new organization that fosters and drives transitions to novel system configurations that provide multiple, superior, business and societal outcomes, including emissions reductions. Its work is initially focused on the acceleration of advancing a hydrogen energy system in Canada, electrical grid integration, electrification of mobility, and agri-food.
The Accelerator is seeking an Administrative Assistant to provide support for its CEO and other senior staff. At the outset this role will be conducted in a virtual environment with organization staff and project leads located across the country. This virtual arrangement will be reassessed on an ongoing basis as the needs of the organization change.
If you want to be part of a new organization driving positive change, and work with people that are so passionate about what they do that it doesn’t feel like work, this opportunity could be for you.
Candidates for this position must reflect the values of The Transition Accelerator. These values are:
- Embracing a positive and forward-thinking attitude and work culture
- Finding and building on common interests rather than focusing on differences
- Working collaboratively with diverse, and sometimes opposed, views
- Doing the right thing even if it is difficult or unpopular
- Focusing on innovators and change over the status-quo
- Grounding all work in evidence-based research
Experience and Personal Traits
- At least 2 – 3 years of experience in an administrative role
- Knowledge of virtual office technology to support organizational efficiency
- Responsible individual with an ability to work independently and who likes to be held accountable for results
- A well-organized individual, comfortable with trouble shooting problems and handling multiple work streams
- Proficiency with the Office Suite of computer software required
- Knowledge and experience with Adobe Acrobat Pro DC and contacts software preferred
- Proficiency in English required, with proficiency in French being an asset
- A professional, customer-oriented disposition
- Provide administrative support to the Accelerator CEO and other senior staff, including answering the phone on behalf of the organization, arranging conference calls, processing contracts and invoices, writing meeting summaries, etc.
- Collect and track external contacts for the CEO and senior staff through on-line software
- Lead the support of Board meetings (virtual meetings and in-person) as well as in-person stakeholder events, including researching and securing suitable venues, catering, and managing invites and RSVPs
- Support on-site execution of meetings including meeting room preparation, meeting minutes, IT/AV coordination, attendee requests and overall seamless operation of events
- Organizing logistics and booking senior staff travel
- Support senior staff in developing and distributing meeting agendas and supporting documentation in a timely manner
- Work with the CEO to support the development and implementation of the Accelerator’s overall administrative platform
- Identify gaps and opportunities in the Accelerator’s operations and lead efforts to implement more robust processes as needed
- Other support as needed by the CEO
Location and Travel
- Work will be conducted in a virtual environment with the candidate based in Calgary;
- This is a full-time position with limited travel required.
Compensation is competitive with industry standards. Applicants interested in this position are invited to forward their resume and cover letter to email@example.com by 5:00PM EST on February 14, 2020.