The Transition Accelerator is a new organization that fosters and drives transitions to novel system configurations that provide multiple, superior, business and societal outcomes including emissions reductions. The Accelerator’s initial priorities are advancing Canada’s Hydrogen Economy, Electrification of Mobility, Agri-food, and Electrification and Grid Integration.
The Accelerator is seeking a full-time Senior Advisor to support the CEO. The Senior Advisor will be responsible for developing and managing strategic relationships across the country, representing the Accelerator at meetings and events, responding to third-party requests, and providing proactive advice and recommendations to the CEO.
Candidates for this position must reflect the values of The Transition Accelerator. These values include:
- Embracing a positive and forward-thinking attitude;
- Working collaboratively with diverse, and sometimes opposed, views;
- Grounding all work in evidence-based research;
- Embracing a multi-disciplinary and pluralistic approach;
- Focusing on innovation over the status-quo.
Experience, Qualifications and Personal Traits
- Undergraduate degree in a related field;
- Very strong verbal and written communications skills including demonstrated ability to write high quality reports and proposals;
- Experience in forging partnerships with industry, academia, governments, and non-governmental organizations;
- Experience with organizations whose governance involves multiple stakeholders, often with differing priorities and needs;
- Takes responsibility and initiative, and likes to be held accountable for results;
- A well-organized individual, comfortable with trouble shooting problems and handling multiple work streams;
- Proficiency with the Office Suite of computer software required
- Ability to operate and thrive in an environment where information may be incomplete and ambiguous, and there is not full alignment among stakeholders;
- Comfort managing remote processes and teams;
- Experience and interest in systems thinking;
- Proficiency in English required with French bilingual candidates strongly preferred.
- Represent the Accelerator at internal and external events;
- Assess and respond to 3rdparty information requests in a professional and timely manner;
- Identify emerging opportunities and moments where effective engagement is essential to achieving our objectives; design and/or lead the engagement efforts as appropriate to support achieving those outcomes;
- Develop and manage strategic relationships with stakeholders including funders;
- Provide proactive advice and recommendations to the CEO;
- Develop and manage budgets;
- Coordinate reporting documents as required under funding agreements;
- Write, and/or support development of funding proposals and reports;
- Track and measure impacts against established strategic objectives;
- Provide advice, coordinate and manage logistics to support engagement and relationship building with relevant stakeholders including academics, funders, industry, governments – municipal, provincial, federal and indigenous) and the social sector;
- Develop content and engagement tools (e.g. questionnaires, presentations, webinars and/or backgrounders) tailored to targeted audiences;
- Contribute to the development of the Accelerator’s overall long-term strategy and annual work plan;
- Identify and manage potential risks associated with our activities and approach, in coordination with senior leadership;
- Other duties required by the CEO.
Location and Travel
- Work will be conducted in a mix of virtual and physical environments, with the ideal candidate based in Calgary;
- This is a full-time position requiring some travel.
Applicants interested in this position are invited to forward their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00PM EST on February 17, 2020.
The Position has an attractive compensation package benchmarked to sector standards.